Search

iPads in the Junior Classroom

Started by Jade Kylee Butler 06 Dec 2011 6:49pm () Replies (129)

Hi, I would love to know what others are doing with iPads in their classrooms!  I am in a year two class and we have been doing a range of things with them in our room! 

- I use them as part of my reading rotation and specify what apps I want the students to use. 

- I also use it as part of my maths rotation and again specify the apps I want the students to use. 

- I have also got apple t.v set up in my room and use this to airplay shared reading!  My students love reading along with the wonkey donkey! 

- I have also used mirroring and the whiteboard app in a maths group situation where students solve problems on their iPad and then turn the mirroring on as they share how they solved the problem with others!

- I have also worked with students to create their own comic lifes about atheletics day.

Would LOVE to hear what others are doing!

Replies

• Jerome Lacoste (View all users posts) 10 Jul 2015 6:24am ()

Hello all,

I hope this post is appropriate!

As you may see from my profile, I work for a startup making math educative apps. We've released 2 games already, DragonBox Algebra and DragonBox Elements which you may have heard of.

We're very happy to announce that we're about to launch our new game, DragonBox Numbers, targeted towards kids 4 to 7. The game's core is based on the Cuisenaire rods, a montessori like pedagogical tool. The launch of the game will happen in New Zealand this week-end followed by more countries at the end of August.

We're looking for people with pedagogy background who might want to beta test our product (beta testing requires IOS 8).

Here's a preview video of the game: 

More information: http://www.wewanttoknow.com/numbers/ and the form to request beta access.

Feel free to spread this post around :) Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions,

Cheers,

Jerome

Join this group to contribute to discussions.