Search

iPads in the Junior Classroom

Started by Jade Kylee Butler 06 Dec 2011 6:49pm () Replies (129)

Hi, I would love to know what others are doing with iPads in their classrooms!  I am in a year two class and we have been doing a range of things with them in our room! 

- I use them as part of my reading rotation and specify what apps I want the students to use. 

- I also use it as part of my maths rotation and again specify the apps I want the students to use. 

- I have also got apple t.v set up in my room and use this to airplay shared reading!  My students love reading along with the wonkey donkey! 

- I have also used mirroring and the whiteboard app in a maths group situation where students solve problems on their iPad and then turn the mirroring on as they share how they solved the problem with others!

- I have also worked with students to create their own comic lifes about atheletics day.

Would LOVE to hear what others are doing!

Replies

• Angela (View all users posts) 03 May 2015 8:03pm ()

Hi

I have a New Entrant class and we have been using Story Patch. It was free but now there is a small cost. Children who are reading at Yellow level can write stories independently, include relevant pictures and save. They also return to their work to edit. Their work is saved and emailed to parents plus put on the class website as a PDF.

• Angela (View all users posts) 04 May 2015 7:58pm ()

Hi Carol

In reply to your question about Story Patch. You can only use the app's illustrations although you can adapt these to create your own illustration. I use this app as it can be used at a basic level, ideal for New Entrants. They are also easily able to find relevant illustrations for their stories. To insert the PDF's into my Google site I save the PDFs as images, then insert images into the webpage.  Here is a link to the webpage where I have included the PDFs. https://sites.google.com/a/pigeon-mountain.school.nz/room10pmps/written-language

Angela

Join this group to contribute to discussions.