Search

What happens to a cluster webspace once the ICTPD contract ends?

• Public
Started by Jeanette Hinerangi Eruera Murphy 06 Dec 2011 3:38pm () Replies (14)

Kia Ora Koutou.  I am the Facilitator for PeaK-ICT and our online resource space was set up before we joined the VLN.  Lately I have been thinking about sustainability post our contract (that ends this year) and...where to from here?  What really does happen to a cluster webspace once the ICTPD contract ends?  Should we be thinking about uploading the BEST of three years of work to the VLN?

Please share your thoughts.  Creative ideas most welcomeEmbarassed

Replies

• Annemarie Hyde (View all users posts) 06 Dec 2011 9:44pm ()

Hi Jeanette -

Some of these spaces stay as resources I believe, because they are full of good stuff.  I still refer to Lorraine's RELLCO wiki because I know that the resources are good and also Lyn's eBest wiki; until the tools and ideas they highlight are superceded of course.

They will remain as links on spaces like the VLN or on school intranets like my own. Some will be added to by keen organisers.

The reality is that many of them are not visited by the people they were created for in the first place, as the majority of our teachers are still not "e" yet!

• Annemarie Hyde (View all users posts) 06 Dec 2011 10:27pm ()

Maybe we just upload them as Resources (under Tools) with the tag "clusterwiki" and others such as "blogs", wikis" and such like.  Or we could make them their own group called "Cluster Wikis" or - er, em - "Retired But ReTried and True" ??? Smile

Join this group to contribute to discussions.