Search

How do I embed a google doc into the VLN?

• Public
Started by Nick Ford 15 Nov 2011 1:58pm () Replies (4)

I am not able to embed my Google Docs into a VLN group page. When I copy and paste the embed code into the wysiwyg editor I can see the document but once I press save nothing is displayed. I assume the embed code is being stripped out. If this is the case I recommend that embedding of Google Docs on the VLN be made operational as we need tp practice what we preach.

Replies

• Hayden Shaw (View all users posts) 15 Nov 2011 2:32pm ()

Hi Nick,

Google docs is on the allow list however every now and again the format of the embed codes off certain websites get updated and might not be 100% compatiable with our filtering system and requires some tweaks on our end.

This is probably the case here, so if you could email me an example of what your trying to embed we can update it for you :).

Cheers Hayden

• Nichole Gully (View all users posts) 22 May 2012 5:19pm ()

If you embed a google doc in the VLN, can it be accessed and viewed by everyone who follows the VLN path to hte google doc? Does the google doc have to be shared?

N

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 22 May 2012 8:42pm ()

Kia ora Nichole,

It depends on the level of permissions you have set for the Google doc - and the level of permissions set for the VLN page that it is embedded in/linked from.

For example, you could set a VLN page/discussion to 'public', but if the Google doc is private, no one will be able to see it.

So, you'll need to check the permissions on both tools:-)

Does that help?

Cheers

Karen

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.