Search

BYOD User Agreement

• Public
Started by Paula Jamieson 14 Nov 2011 1:26pm () Replies (17)

I am looking for research and examples of student user agreements to support the implementation of BYOD in NZ Primary Schools (have a few Australian ones and a couple of High School ones).

• Have you addressed BYOD user agreements in your school?
  • What are your initial thoughts relating to these documents? What are your 'must haves'?

Lets discuss it,

Paula

Replies

• caron sullivan (View all users posts) 05 Aug 2012 9:15am ()

We adapted Tawa intermediate's agreement for our school, thanks Tawa. It covers most of the issues we could envisage and also after 4 weeks implementation nothing extra has cropped up.

What has fascinated me on the security stakes is the kids indepenedence in this. I thought we migth have issues locking up gear at morning interval adn lunchtime. We wanted to do this because we are a full primary and didn't want the Yr & & 8 kids wandering around at breaks with full internet access. It hasn't been an issue, in fact the kids themselves pop their stuff in and control the lock up. Makes sense, they want their own gear safe. Plus if something does happen in break time it was their choice. Self management!

We have a separate router system for the kids on a 9 - 3 timer to avoid accessing our system after school and on weekends.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.