Search

Sharing files from iPads - videos from Camera Roll

• Public
Started by Carol Kendall 09 Nov 2011 9:42pm () Replies (16)

A student has taken a video on an iPad 2. It is over 100 MB in size. It is too big to email. I don't want to send this child's video to YouTube. And I don't want to have to plug it into the Master account macbook to sync it (it is elsewhere in the school). Is there any other way to easily get it to a classroom teacher's macbook (not the master macbook), or a classroom macbook? I'd quite like to get the video from the iPad, into the Box.net account that is available. But I'm assuming I'm going to be limited to the option of connecting to the master computer.

Thanks!

Carol

Replies

• Carol Kendall (View all users posts) 09 Nov 2011 10:10pm ()

Thanks SO much for your instant reply, Allanah! I had forgotten that Transfer sends videos as well as photos. I just tried, and it worked perfectly well for the 183 MB (2 minute long) video.

This is great!

Carol

• Carol Kendall (View all users posts) 09 Nov 2011 10:59pm ()

Thanks Stuart - I wouldn't have thought of that. I'm still stuck on iMovie 09. Time for an upgrade!

Looking for easy ways to move these files, with as few steps as possible for young students (junior classes).

Carol

• Carol Kendall (View all users posts) 10 Nov 2011 10:36pm ()

Yes, I was looking for the WebDAV capability within the Photos app (via a Box.net account), but unfortunately it wasn't there. The Transfer app did the trick, thank goodness!

• Carol Kendall (View all users posts) 12 Nov 2011 11:39pm ()

I don't see webDAV as an option for sharing from the iPad when I've videoed on the iPad itself, and it's not an option within the Photo app. WebDAV does show up within other apps though. I'm hoping to avoid having to connect iPads to a laptop by cable, especially when they are not the master computer.

I like the sound of Annette's ability to have the iPad mount as an attached hard drive on another computer and show the files in a folder - don't see that on my Mac. But still, it means connecting the iPad via usb. Looks to be a quick and simple option though.

I need to upgrade my version of iPhoto so I can use Photostream, but I don't think videos sync via that? Just photos? Not sure...

Carol

Join this group to contribute to discussions.