Search

Sharing files from iPads - videos from Camera Roll

• Public
Started by Carol Kendall 09 Nov 2011 9:42pm () Replies (16)

A student has taken a video on an iPad 2. It is over 100 MB in size. It is too big to email. I don't want to send this child's video to YouTube. And I don't want to have to plug it into the Master account macbook to sync it (it is elsewhere in the school). Is there any other way to easily get it to a classroom teacher's macbook (not the master macbook), or a classroom macbook? I'd quite like to get the video from the iPad, into the Box.net account that is available. But I'm assuming I'm going to be limited to the option of connecting to the master computer.

Thanks!

Carol

Replies

• Matthew Thomas (View all users posts) 10 Nov 2011 10:11am ()

To transfer files wirelessly I always use WebDAV when I can.  It's fast, wireless and easyonce you have it setup.

I have just made a new blog post about transferring Book Creator eBooks to the school server through WebDAV so they can be shared to other iPads.  We do this with an iPad app called WebDAV Nav (free) and because we still haven't gotten WebDAV setup exactly how we want it on our school server, we are using the Mac store app 'Media Master Server' (free) tsecrete the WebDAV.

Works a treat!  Here's the link --> 

http://www.selwynridge.school.nz/ipad/?p=80

• Matthew Thomas (View all users posts) 16 Nov 2011 3:53pm ()

Within Web DAV Nav (free app), you are able to upload files from the Camera Roll, and download lots of different file types that can be opened up in other apps (such as ePub files in iBooks).

Join this group to contribute to discussions.