Search

Game-based learning: Are you playing?

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 02 Nov 2011 12:19pm () Replies (16)

There have been some really interesting threads running in the English Online listservs which I thought I'd share here:

Does anyone else here use gaming - or gaming principles - in this way, to support learning?

Replies

• Enabling e-Learning (View all users posts) 12 Dec 2011 10:02pm ()

Thought I'd just share this resource (via Derek Wenmoth's blog) > The Gameit Handbook: A Pedagogy for Game-Based Learning (Poulson & Kober). Derek suggests that:

"For those unfamiliar with games-based learning, this provides a pretty useful introduction, particularly the early chapters. For those who are more familiar with the concept, the book provides some useful case studies that unpack the ideas more and illustrate a range of contexts in which games-based learning approaches might be used."

• Enabling e-Learning (View all users posts) 01 May 2012 8:14am ()

screenshot 93% houses have gaming devices

Have you seen this DNZ12 report just out from Bond University and the IGEA?

While it might be argued the IGEA has a vested interest in painting a rosey picture of the way families use gaming, this readable infographic-style report still provides some interesting 'lines in the sand' regarding the popularity and use of gaming at home:

>> DNZ12: Digital New Zealand

What implications mght this have for learning, for the way we connect with families, and for the kinds of experiences we might provide for our students?

Join this group to contribute to discussions.