Search

AirPlay Mirroring for iPad2

• Public
Started by Matthew Thomas 11 Oct 2011 9:01pm () Replies (29)

Haven't seen anything here about Screen Mirroring of iPads with an AppleTV using iOS5. It's awesome!  Check the link here for more -->

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/airplay.html

We are going to get an Apple TV into every classroom and use an HDMI to VGA convertor to connect them to our class projectors.  Then we have wireless iPad screen sharing to our class projectors.  Awesome!

Anyone else planning to do this or have tried it out?

Replies

• Mark Edwards (View all users posts) 28 Oct 2011 10:15am ()

I am wanting to purchase an HDMI to VGA converter to do exactly what Matt is suggesting. Doesn't anyone know how much they are and where they can be bought? Has anyone done this yet? Any advice...

• Mark Edwards (View all users posts) 28 Oct 2011 3:38pm ()

Thanks for that. Be keen to hear how your testing goes Matt. Adapters ain't cheap. Should be well worth it though for the interactivity and collaboration on offer. I have Apple TV at home but not using mirroring much there. It is exciting to think of the possibilities for it in the classroom.

• Mark Edwards (View all users posts) 01 Feb 2012 8:36am ()

I have just set up an Apple Tv through an HDMI to VGA converter. It's working well but I am having trouble with airplaying videos created on the iPad2. This messsage comes up "This content requires HDCP for playback. HDCP isn't supported by your HDMI connection. This content requires HDCP for playback". I understand this is some kind of copyright protection thing. Any ideas as to how to get around this?

Join this group to contribute to discussions.