Search

Finish this sentence: When I go to ULearn, I will be focusing on....

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 10 Oct 2011 10:03am () Replies (11)

What's the e-learning focus for those of you going to ULearn (in your holidays!) next week? Would love to hear what you're looking forward to most.

Finish this sentence: When I go to ULearn, I will be focusing on....

Replies

• Enabling e-Learning (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 12:00pm ()

Comments coming through from DK and Susie via Enabling e-Learning on Facebook. Will you also be concentrating on your own presentations Wink, or are you going to pursue a particular passion?

• Kelliem (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 12:11pm ()

When I go to uLearn, I will be focussing on...how the Regitered Teachers Critieria & e-Learning and the e-Learning planning frameworks marry up with my presentation on eCompetencies.

I am looking to see a clear strategy forward to develop effective e-Learning for students, teachers and communities to create a pathway for the future.

Whew! That sounds...global, but I am hunting for some clear direction.

• Jo Fothergill (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 12:38pm ()

When I go to ULearn, I will be focusing on: lots of things! Cool I always take the opportunity to catch up with my PLN - for me this is my big opportunity to touch base with many people and it's a time of affirmation and direction. I'll also be focusing on eFellowship opportunities - talking with other eFellows, encouraging others to apply for next year. I'll also be indulging in some personal professional development - I try to always schedule one or two workshops that are for me - of course there will be things in them that will spill over into school and classroom life - but I love learning new things and this is the opportunity for me to do so.

• Michael Fawcett (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 12:49pm ()

When I go to ULearn it'll be next year. This year I know I'll still be able to participate from afar via the backchannel and pick up new and exciting ideas, listen to keynote discussions (and follow links to resources). Thanks PLN, I'm really going to miss the f2f this year, but I'll still be there...hopefully.

• Claire (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 8:17pm ()

When I go to U Learn, my focus will be on connecting and conversations with those that are part of my PLN and others that will expand my PLN!

I want to take back an action plan for google apps for students for the teachers already using them and most of all, I want to develop a plan that develops a clear strategy forward for effective e-Learning with teachers and communities that are part of our team. This is includes parents and child use of social media Surprised

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 1:13pm ()

I've gone for a mixture this year. My fave thing is meeting up with my fellow teachers who I interact with on line for most of the year- getting together F2F is very cool.

Workshop wise I have mixed it up with a couple just for me- like Dorothy's Apple Smackdown and a little Photoshop goodness ready for my new 365 project next year.

Then a couple looking to enhance me role as facilitator- forging home school partnerships and facilitating on line communities of practice.

Oh and I can't wait to see the brave folk Pecha Kucha-ing.

• Kirstin Anderson-McGhie (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 2:43pm ()

When I go to uLearn, I will be focusing on.. ensuring my 2 presentations meet the needs of the attendees.  I'll be meeting with my fabulous PLN friends face to face which is always one of my favourite parts of ULearn.  I'll be taking the time to explore some areas of interest to me such as learning more about QR codes and new tools/strategies for animating with kids, among other things. As always I'm going to make the most of every moment and aim to take away 1 piece of new learning from everything I attend - including my own presentations -I always love what you can learn from those who have come to learn from you. Cool 

• Enabling e-Learning (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 2:48pm ()

Really enjoying everyone's comments - this is a nice place to build connections before next week, too. Other comments coming through on Twitter to @enablelearning have included:

• @mrkempnz: When I go to #ulearn I will be focussing on looking after my staff and making them feel comfortable, also presenting well!
    • @gmacmanus: when i go to #ulearn, i will be focussing on getting more secondary teachers participating next year, I am not going this year

• Madeline Campbell (View all users posts) 12 Oct 2011 8:34pm ()

When I go to ULearn... actually I didn't get to go, but would have loved to! Its been great reading everyone's posts today, its made me realise I should have been at ULearn, because I am in a position to establish and facilitate 2 or 3 different Communitys of Practice to support teaching and learning in my geographic area... am in the beginnings of this... I didn't know what blended learning was, but have realised after doing some reading that I've been doing it on a smallish scale for at least 4 years, and have really plunged into the 'thick' of blended learning this year teaching an online/VC/moodle course, and am the one in my school encouraging and attempting to support teachers to get into using myportfolio... I could have chatted more personslly with many of you to get ideas etc!!

• Enabling e-Learning (View all users posts) 18 Oct 2011 12:37pm ()

Whether you are at ULearn or not this week, follow the fun online:

Join this group to contribute to discussions.