Search

iPad Home Use Agreements

• Public
Started by Allanah King 19 Sep 2011 11:36am () Replies (10)

Some of my team are in the situation where we are giving iPads to children for their exclusive use at home and at school as assistive devices.

I have tried to gather together other people's Acceptable Use Agreements and collate them into one document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11FQt3pJbv8lkvzykBXhPUdanDCRccoR7OBj2k6zQdJU/edit?hl=en_US

I would appreciate your input as to its usefulness, effectiveness and if there is anything I should have added.

Feel free to remix as it's a Google Doc- view only- just make a copy if you would like to make changes for your own situation.

Please let me know of any changes I should make.

Cheers

Allanah

Replies

• Matthew Thomas (View all users posts) 19 Sep 2011 9:31pm ()

Looks pretty comprehensive mate. But why do students need to log out of any app accounts when they are not using them if they have a pass code lock on the device? I don't, and I'm not sure I would expect my students to either unless it is a shared device.

• Matthew Thomas (View all users posts) 26 Aug 2013 12:10pm ()

Hi Lavinia -

We don't expect teachers to pay the excess for stolen equipment if it is at school at the time.  However, if it is caused by teacher negligence, we may not replace the item in question.  This has happened once with a classroom iPad this year.  

Talking with our insurance companies as well, if a school owned iPad is stolen at a teachers home, the teachers contents insurance most likely won't cover the cost since it is not the teachers property.  This is something all staff need to be aware of if they enter into an agreement with the school that they will cover the cost of replacing stolen or damaged gear while it is in their care.

Cheers, Matt T

Join this group to contribute to discussions.