Search

Discussion topics

• Public

Google hangout/chat

Started by Natasha Furness 22 Jan 2015 1:19pm () Replies (2) Last reply by anne robertson
    Hello, I want to use google hangout and chat but when I go into my gmail account the option isn't there? A friend suggested I go into settings and click enable chat but the chat option isn't there in settings. Could it be that it has been...
    • Public

Apps for Chromebook

Started by Kate Crawford 20 Jan 2015 11:08pm () Replies (5) Last reply by Nickie Sattler
    Kia Ora Okay this year we have purchased chromebooks for our Year 7/8 classes.  This is all new to me, so I need some help! Can anyone recommend any apps/websites that you have found useful.  
    • Public

Reapplying for GAFE

Started by roimata.nicholas 21 Jan 2015 12:30am () Replies (3) Last reply by Cathiesten
    So I tried to sign up our school for Google Apps for Education earlier this year. I subscribed for a new domain name through the Google application. Im not sure why but our application was denied just as our trial ended. So I have a number of...
    • Public

Picassa

Started by Claire Buist 15 Dec 2014 7:55am () Replies (3) Last reply by Sonya Van Schaijik
    Quick Question: I am just about to set up Hapara TD for next year. Can Picassa run for children without google+? 
    • Public

Chromebook vs Ipads

Started by Kate Crawford 02 Dec 2014 1:15pm () Replies (37) Last reply by Chris Meehan
    Kia Ora Koutou We are in the process of purchasing new devices for our Year 7/8 classes for 2015. I am wanting to know what peoples views/experiences are with using either Chromebooks or ipads? What are the advantages/disadvantages of using...
    • Public

PDF Editor for chromebooks

Started by Kylie McKay 04 Dec 2014 11:35am () Replies (6) Last reply by Nickie Sattler
    Hi there  I'm looking for something that will allow me to edit PDFs and save to my google drive using a chromebook? Any suggestions?     
    • Public

Google Sites e-portfolios for Secondary School Seniors

Started by Tim Thatcher 04 Dec 2014 9:07am () Replies (4) Last reply by dorothyjburt
    Hi   Has anyone used Google Sites for e-portfolios for NCEA internals assesments. We are trying this next year and are a little unsure about archiving the sites for moderation. So far we have thought about getting students to make a copy...
    • Public

essential foundation skills- Making a GAFE functional licence

Started by joleneb 01 Dec 2014 1:22pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Hamish McLean
    Hi,   Has any school out there created a type of student licence of core foundation skills needed for working in a 1:1 environment with a chromebook? Am planning to create one of these but would like to piggy back off existing work...
    • Public

Setting up a school with Google Apps - first steps!

Started by Melissa Grant 14 Jun 2013 1:47pm () Replies (23) Last reply by KathC
    Hi Google App users! I'm about to set a school up and have heard there are a few teething problems if you don't work through the set up process correctly.  My one question at this stage is:  When I send the domain name over to Google for...
    • Public

Student Blogs through GAFE

Started by merryl 27 Nov 2014 5:30pm () Replies (15) Last reply by Hamish McLean
    Hi all What do you all do with student blogs when children are leaving your school. We are thinking we can ask parents to provide a google account and give them ownership? Your thoughts? Thanks Merryl
    • Public

GAFE permission forms

Started by Kirsty 28 Nov 2014 11:57am () Replies (1) Last reply by Kirsty
    Hi, I am currently in the process of setting up my school with GAFE.  I have all the staff set up but am now looking at the children's accounts.  I was just wondering what schools have done around permission forms for this.  We...
    • Public

Napier - Hastings Schools using GAFE?

Started by Leigh Hynes 13 Nov 2014 12:10pm () Replies (11) Last reply by Leigh Hynes
    I am looking for a school using GAFE (and also perhaps Hapara if possible,) in the Napier Hastings area for some school staff too visit to see how all the apps operate together. Any possibilities?  Thanks from Leigh
    • Public

Use of other 'Google Apps' for the Savvy Advanced

Started by Moana Timoko 21 Nov 2014 1:53pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Allanah King
    Kia ora koutou Have you got some good ideas to share about how you're using apps other than, Google Docs, Google Sheets and/or Google Slides??? If you don't already know you can connect more apps to your Google Drive - By clicking on...
  • Archiving Google Accounts and Blogs

Started by Jody Garland 31 Oct 2014 9:20am () Replies (7) Last reply by sansam
    Morena, We are currently trying to make plans for the end of the year. Our Year 8 students are moving on to high school, so we need to make thoughtful decisions about their Drive accounts and Blogs. I would love to know what other schools are...
    • Public

Using Google Forms to summarise data

Started by Helen Kennedy 26 Oct 2014 6:44pm () Replies (4) Last reply by Helen Kennedy
    Recently I created a form to survey parents, teachers and students. All teachers were able to use it as they have access to google drive.  The years 3 - 6 students were able to fill in the survey form as they have a google drive account....
    • Public

Chromebooks

Started by Lavinia Robyns 28 Oct 2014 12:02pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Lavinia Robyns
    We are looking at purchasing a number of HP Chromebook 11-2002TU 11.6".  I have heard that schools are finding issues with the chargers being flimsy and not working after a very short time.  Apparently the 14" don't have...
    • Public

Googe Spreadsheet & Formulas

Started by Helen Kennedy 27 Oct 2014 11:11am () Replies (3) Last reply by Helen Kennedy
    Does anyone know the formula that I need to use to convert text to numeric from my responses spreadsheet so that I can make a chart?  
  • Using Google Apps with Younger Students

Started by Allanah King 15 Oct 2014 11:23am () Replies (12) Last reply by Tracey Burgess
    A teacher has asked me how young do I advise children can be to have their own Google Apps Account at school, asking particularly about Year 2/3 learners? I will post my suggestions and thoughts but wondered what others think as my kids are older???
    • Public

Google Calendars

Started by Yvette Hardaker 15 Sep 2014 11:14am () Replies (7) Last reply by Shane
    Kia Ora How do I set up google calendars so my students can create their own timetable to work from. I'd like them to be able to book in snappers and workshops and for me to be able to see each students calendar. All students have google accounts...
    • Public

Google Sheet to SMS

Started by Diana Wilkes 23 Sep 2014 12:51pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Hamish McLean
    How are people extracting the enrolment data from a google spreadsheet (created by a google form) into a workable format and/or how are schools getting an enrolment spreadsheet to speak to their SMS ie. eTap.??? Hoping someone out there can...