Search

Discussion topics

• Public

Using the Chrome Web App Pixlr Editor to make images for Google Drawings and Animations in Google...

Started by Allanah King 12 Sep 2014 8:49pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Allanah King
    I made a couple of resources so I could remember the steps to make transparent background images to place on Google Drawings and Slides to make animations. http://allanahk.edublogs.org/2014/09/12/mawhera-taniwha/ Very cool fun with kids working...
    • Public

Daily Notices

Started by Kirsty 03 Sep 2014 9:57pm () Replies (26) Last reply by Mark Callagher
    Hi all,  I am looking into Google Apps for Education for my school and was wondering if there is a way to use it for daily notices?  Staff I know at other schools using google are still accessing their daily notices via the intranet....
    • Public

Logging in to Google on Laptops

Started by Allanah King 05 Sep 2014 12:00pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Leigh Hynes
    When you go to log in to a Google Account on a Chromebook you get a lovely screen with all the users easily accessible and all you have to do is click on the account you want to log in to and enter the password and BOOM you are there!!  On...
    • Public

Google Classroom Results

Started by Jody Garland 04 Sep 2014 10:12am () Replies (2) Last reply by Allanah King
    Hey everyone, Have been trialling Classroom for the past couple of weeks and really enjoying the ability to return items and edit student grades. My class are finding it really easy to see how they have achieved and where they can make...
    • Public

Benefits of hosting email with Google

Started by Johan Schnetler 04 Sep 2014 6:29pm () Replies (10) Last reply by Robyn McDougall-Winchester
    Hi Can anyone tell me the benefits of hosting our school's email with Google. We are a GAFE school but have been hosting our email at school. Thanks Johan  
    • Public

Enabling Gmail themes can allow access to inappropriate images

Started by Peter Mancer 13 Aug 2014 4:37pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Peter Mancer
    We have had two schools call us today reporting that students can access inappropriate images through Gmail themes.  For this reason we recommend that this feature is disabled by the Administrator as per the following Google support...
  • Collaborate on presentations using a mixture of Laptops and iPads

Started by Johan Schnetler 03 Jul 2014 1:15pm () Replies (7) Last reply by Mike Thornley
    Hi guys I am trying to get my students to collaborate on a presenation using GAFE. Students using their laptops and creating a presentation in Google Drive have no problem sharing and editing their presenation in real time. My problem is when...
  • YouTube - Remove Related Videos

Started by Steve Trotter 24 Jun 2014 8:25pm () Replies (11) Last reply by Robyn McDougall-Winchester
    Hi, Does anyone know how to remove the videos to the right of a video that you have uploaded into YouTube? Or to stop the ability to open an embedded video up inside YouTube? I know how to stop related videos play after your video (when you embed...
    • Public

The New Google Drive

Started by Michelle Robison 15 Jul 2014 1:42pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Michelle Robison
    The new Google Drive is much better for mobile and android devices. A vast improvement . You can view all documents in your drive and manage them from there, including putting them in folders, and sharing. Go to: g.co/getdrive You can press the...
    • Public

pushing out apps to users in my domain

Started by Nick Gunn 23 Jun 2014 4:32pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Nick Gunn
    Hi, hoping someoen can help. I manage the domain for my centre. I have been playing with some google apps and would lik to know how to make them available to some of our users. The domain has staff, and student groups etc. I have looked through...
    • Public

Google groups sync with Kamar

Started by RosL 24 Jun 2014 10:22am () Replies (1) Last reply by RosL
    We have become a Google school this year and have some challenges around groups.  Our groups are created out of Kamar and sync'd with Google.  I am looking to connect with another large school using GAFE and Kamar who might be able to...
    • Public

Using Google forms and spreadsheets for student goal setting

Started by Gabby Asplin 19 Jun 2014 4:54pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Gabby Asplin
    Hi, I am wanting to use Google forms and spreadsheets for students to set goals, self evaluate them, share them with their parents and keep a record of them all in a spreadsheet. I have the below link showing that it can be done but I am currently...
    • Public

Change school hosted email to GAFE email

Started by Johan Schnetler 19 Jun 2014 9:13am () Replies (3) Last reply by Heather Harper
    Hi guys Our school is currently using GAFE but the email is still hosted on our school servers. I am not able to fully utilize the "Groups"-function because our local mail servers do not recognize the groups created in Google groups, with the...
    • Public

Wonderful schools using GAFE

Started by andrew chambers 17 Jun 2014 9:48am () Replies (4) Last reply by Hamish McLean
    Could I have some suggestions for primary schools to visit in either north Auckland or north west Auckland that are using GAFE successfully?  I have two BYOD classes that are about to start using GAFE with the Hapara Teacher dash board.  A...
    • Public

Google Drive/Docs on iPad Issues

Started by Tania 16 Jun 2014 8:57am () Replies (2) Last reply by Shona Poppe
    I am working in a school who isn't yet using Hapara Teacher Dashboard BUT have had GAFE working well on the iPads until recently with the intro of the 'Docs' app.  What has been happening is...  Teachers are creating shared folders with...
    • Public

Comfort Zone teaching.....breaking the habit?

Started by A.Vermeulen 13 Jun 2014 11:00pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Tessa Gray
    What have you found best works for motivating teachers that are fearful of using Google apps in their classroom practice?  Teachers can sometimes resort to their comfort zone when pressured to trying something new or challenging.  What are...
    • Public

GAFE and Chrome confusion

Started by Michelle Robison 20 Nov 2013 9:23am () Replies (6) Last reply by Steve Trotter
    I have come across a school who has had a problem due to confusion of the chrome login and the GAFE login. If you have not set up the chrome preferences correctly it is easy for a student to become confuse, log-in to chrome and then that computer...
    • Public

Keeping reader interest when posting long stories to a blog

Started by Monika Kern 13 Jun 2014 6:17pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Steven Wills
    Hi there, this questions covers both GAFE and Chromebooks so I am posting it in both groups. At one of my schools, since the introduction of 1:1 Chromebooks for y4-8, some students' writing has 'gone through the roof'. The teachers have been...
    • Public

Network authentication using GAFE accounts.

Started by Scott Noakes 12 Jun 2014 10:34am () Replies (3) Last reply by Scott Noakes
    Hi, Our company Linewize has been working with Thorrington Primary school to support BYOD and allow students and teacher to logon to their school network using their Google account. This replaces active directory or other LDAP based user...
    • Public

Pages

Started by Roimata Baker 11 Jun 2014 4:18pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Steve Trotter
    Some of my workmates have mentioned how much they would miss using Apple's Pages app when switiching to Chromebooks.  Has anyone found an app that is as fantastic as Pages if not better?