Search

Discussion topics

• Public

RSS Feed

Started by Florence Lyons 18 Aug 2011 4:08pm () Replies (5) Last reply by Florence Lyons
    Hi I have problem with Rss Feed icon (for groups) . When I click on it it does not work and says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."
    • Public

Video

Started by Chrissie Butler 18 Aug 2011 1:07pm () Replies (8) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi, just trying to embed and YouTube video and its not showing. It shows as a black box when I am in edit, but then there's nothing there when I hit publish. Brainy ideas?
    • Public

RWC Year 4-6 Activity Books

Started by Jane Askey 24 Jul 2011 12:40pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Allanah King
    Our school has RWC as it's major topic for the term and plan on making use of the official Activity books distributed late June '11. Our class is a year 3-4 and we hoped to combine with the nextdoor class of Year 5-6. My efforts to get a further 15...
    • Public

Forgotten username

Started by Megan Melvin 13 Jul 2011 3:09pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    I've checked past topics to make sure this wasn't already mentioned so apologies if it has been covered off already. I have a user in my group who has forgotten her username, she has used Lost password to reset the password but without the correct...
    • Public

Groups migrate to sub groups

Started by Megan Melvin 13 Jul 2011 11:29am () Replies (4) Last reply by Megan Melvin
    Hi, does anyone know if you can migrate a Group to a sub group? I've set up my group but now realise it's part of a bigger picture and need to create a parent group. Cheers, Meg
    • Public

Changes to the VLN

Started by Glen 19 Nov 2010 2:28pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Glen
    Based on user feedback we have just implemented some changes to the top navigation links in the VLN: People found it confusing that there was a VLN Home link and a DashBoard - and since the Dashboard actually was your home on the VLN, and...
    • Public

Embedding video or uploading media into group/sub-group pages

Started by Jeanette Hinerangi Eruera Murphy 16 Mar 2011 1:34pm () Replies (12) Last reply by Chrissie Butler
    Hi there... I have just tried to upload a You Tube clip into a subgroup page using the HTML widget. It appears that it is there after I save it and then when I close the window and go back to view it in the group/subgroup main page...it...
    • Public

friends vs group membership

Started by Chris Jager 23 Mar 2011 4:03pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Jo Wilson
    Not sure what the fundamental difference is between becoming someone's friend and joining a group. If anyone were able to make a distinction I would find that very helpful.
    • Public

Including e-Learners (students) in the VLN

Started by Jeanette Hinerangi Eruera Murphy 04 Apr 2011 9:12pm () Replies (8) Last reply by Glen
    I have set up a sub space for the e-Learners Team at Putauaki (under Putauaki Primary) and would like students to contribute to discussion, blogs, upload/embed info of relevance etc. Three e-Learners signed on via google today, however have...
    • Public

Theme management

Started by Tamara Bell  03 May 2011 9:09pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi everyone I have created a few different themes I would like to change between. My problem is, the photos I upload in each one as the header image are too small when you save and view it. What's the easiest way to either center the image or...
    • Public

Name incorrect

Started by Heather Langley 11 May 2011 11:19am () Replies (2) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    Can anyone who has admin rights spell my name correctly please. Mike typed it in wrong and I need to change Langly to Langley. Thanks Heather
    • Public

Sending multiple emails/messages

Started by Karen Spencer 20 May 2011 11:59am () Replies (2) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi there, Is there anyway to send messages to multiple addresses at once? The dropdown only seems to allow one recipient at a time, even with the control key held down.. Cheers Karen
    • Public

Missing video

Started by Lyn Ross 24 May 2011 8:15am () Replies (8) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    I have embedded several videos onto resources.  In 2 instances the top video is not showing.  I can see the word 'Block' at the top and then just a big space/gap till the video below it.  How can I fix this?  Thanks.
    • Public

creating accounts

Started by Chris Jager 31 May 2011 12:24pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Chris Jager
    Hi everyone Am looking for some clarity around creating accounts. When I first created my VLN account I did so via the register link on the VLN home page using my work email address. I knew I had built a profile so subsequently I chose...
    • Public

deleting a group

Started by Chris Jager 10 Jun 2011 3:01pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Chris Jager
    Hi there Just wondering what the process is for deleting a group. I notice one of my clusters has created two group spaces, one of which is not being used. Seems sensible to delete it. However when I went into a group I created to see whether it...
    • Public

Help for a TMP participant

Started by Tamara Bell  08 Jun 2011 11:52am () Replies (1) Last reply by Tamara Bell 
    Hi guys, /pg/profile/tash
    • Public

Help for a TMP participant

Started by Tamara Bell  08 Jun 2011 11:52am () Replies (3) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi guys, /pg/profile/tash
    • Public

Subgroup Navigation

Started by Dee Reid 10 Jun 2011 11:21pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Dee Reid
    Kia ora koutou, Is it at all possible to have a default link in the navigation menu for all subgroups that can take you directly back to the 'parent' group? i.e. quick and easy 'exit and return' to the parent group from any subgroup feature? e.g....
    • Public

Group access to a file you are uploading to a subgroup

Started by Dee Reid 11 Jun 2011 9:55am () Replies (2) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Kia ora anō, Is it possible to include an access setting for files uploaded to a subgroup area to include 'parent group' access.  At the moment I can only select from private, public, logged in users, friends or all the other subgroups within...
    • Public

Group pages - sorting posts

Started by Dee Reid 11 Jun 2011 10:22am () Replies (3) Last reply by Dee Reid
    Kia ora, is it possible to sort posts on a group page to be able to view by ascending or descending or by 'most recent'? On our group page /pg/pages/view/53137/ we have to scroll right to the bottom to view the most recent post. Any advice...
Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.