Search

Discussion topics

• Public

Use of headings

Started by Chrissie Butler 19 Mar 2012 1:46pm () Replies (2) Last reply by admin
    Hi That dear old headings discussion again. If heading 3 is the title of a blog post in the VLN: Is it possible to increase the font size of the heading 4 and 5 as this is what we should be recommending people use if we are going to follow the...
    • Public

Tags for files

Started by Colleen Bott 15 Feb 2012 2:15pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Can I change the tag for a group of files with out having to edit every individual file in that tagged folder..
    • Public

Embedding a YouTube

Started by Allanah King 01 Feb 2012 9:22pm () Replies (7) Last reply by Allanah King
    Tried to embed a YouTiube video When editing it I see the video- when I publish- big cap of nothing Did the same below here
    • Public

Remove a member from a group

Started by Megan Melvin 20 Dec 2011 12:16pm () Replies (5) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    Hi folks, apart from getting a member to 'leave group' is there another way to remove them if I am a moderator? Tx
    • Public

Updating email details

Started by Tracy Olorenshaw 12 Dec 2011 8:07pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Glen
    I need to be able to change the email, but won't allow me to as says it is already registered, as I had added email to the profile, but not the account.  NOw won't let me change the account email. No access after 20th Dec, so need to change it...
    • Public

Logging in from email links!!

Started by Claire Amos 09 Dec 2011 7:21pm () Replies (4) Last reply by Glen
    Hi there, Keep getting frustrated when I follow a link to reply to discussions, and then need to login, but logging in makes you jump to the home page!! Then I have to try and remember which group, discussion, post I was wanting to respond...
    • Public

Spam activity

Started by Suzie Vesper 27 Nov 2011 7:36pm () Replies (9) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hiya, Just to let you know that I had a spam comment on a VLN blog post. Probably should have left it for you but I deleted it. Here was the text however: A popular subject of decoys, the canada goose parka lives throughout North...
    • Public

video disappears

Started by Liz Fitzsimons 24 Nov 2011 3:12pm () Replies (4) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Further to the video discussion. I notice that schooltube is not one of the possible allowed embeds. One of the schools in our cluster is using Schooltube for embedding videos onto their Spike@School site. They have a video they would like to post...
    • Public

videos

Started by Chris Jager 15 Nov 2011 5:11pm () Replies (5) Last reply by Pascale Hyboud-Peron
    My question relates to embedding vs uploading video. I understand that if the video is already being streamed from somewhere then it is possible to embed it in a resource. If however the video I want to share is a file then I am guessing that I need...
    • Public

How do I embed a google doc into the VLN?

Started by Nick Ford 15 Nov 2011 1:58pm () Replies (4) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    I am not able to embed my Google Docs into a VLN group page. When I copy and paste the embed code into the wysiwyg editor I can see the document but once I press save nothing is displayed. I assume the embed code is being stripped out. If this is...
    • Public

Delete a file from a group resource

Started by Liz Fitzsimons 15 Nov 2011 8:38am () Replies (3) Last reply by Liz Fitzsimons
    Hi. I wish to delete a file from a group resource and can't. There is a command saying- Files (add more or delete below) and little green crosses by the files but nothing will get rid of them that I have tried. The owner can't remove the file...
    • Public

Embedding video from NZC Online

Started by Claire Amos 10 Nov 2011 3:18pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi there, I can't embed video from NZC Online, I think it's an issue with the embed code not being the right sort?? Can you edit the html code so it does embed, if so, how?? Have posted the embed code below. <object style="visibility:...
    • Public

Public profile problem

Started by Megan Melvin 09 Nov 2011 2:52pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    Hi, I can't seem to make my new Group Special Education Online profile public. The blog and poll widgets won't display in public view. I have used the following settings: Group membership permissions Closed - Users must be invitedOpen - Any user...
    • Public

Embedding countdown widget

Started by Tessa Gray 01 Nov 2011 10:25am () Replies (3) Last reply by Tessa Gray
    Hi there, is there any way I can embed code for a countdown widget in a discussion thread? Like the following?  http://mycountdown.org/ Tess 
    • Public

mobile access

Started by Pascale Hyboud-Peron 26 Oct 2011 7:51am () Replies (3) Last reply by Pascale Hyboud-Peron
    Hi! After receiving notification of a VLN message on my mobile (Android gingerbread) I followed the thread to reply. While I have no problem entering a subject in the subject line, i was unable to enter text in the text editor for the message since...
    • Public

How do I demote a page to be a 'subpage'?

Started by ian suckling 02 Oct 2011 11:50am () Replies (2) Last reply by admin
    Hi, how do I demote pages that have already been created to be 'subpages'? I want to manage the increasingly long list of pages. I know how to create a subpage from scratch, but what about existing pages? Thanks, Ian
    • Public

Inserting tables

Started by Nick Rate 08 Sep 2011 2:23pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Nick Rate
    Inserting a table into a page or resource etc seems to ignore the HTML table border code, whether inserting a table using the toolbar or pasting in the code from another HTML editor. I just want to break up the text in a table but it does not seem...
    • Public

Files uploaded to a Group Resource

Started by Dee Reid 01 Sep 2011 9:33pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Dee Reid
    Hi help team, Just wondeirng if there is a limit on the number of files that can be uploaded to a group resource? I've uploaded 19 files to one of our group resources over the past few weeks, and have only just cottoned on that only the most...
    • Public

Where have my groups gone?

Started by Robyn Foster 24 Aug 2011 4:56pm () Replies (5) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    I've set up 2 groups and sent emails out to all my invitees, but was told by one of them today that when she registered, she then couldn't find my group and when she searched was told there was no such group. The link provided didn't help her...
    • Public

Losing part of the message when posting items

Started by Tessa Gray 19 Aug 2011 2:07pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi there, I've been having some trouble lately - when I post things (discussions, comments, blog) often parts of the message is left off or disappears and I have to edit and re-add straight after posting. It used to just be at the end of a message,...
Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.