Search

Discussion topics

• Public

Can two VLN groups be joined together?

Started by Liz Winfield 07 Jul 2016 9:42am () Replies (1) Last reply by Liz Winfield
    2 groups have been set up in two different parts of the country for the same topic and we were wondering if we could join the two VLN groups up together?
    • Public

Unit standard 27983

Started by Lee 21 Mar 2016 3:53pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Lee
    I am looking for the Assessment schedule to Unit Standard 27983 for the task written by N Sullivan with the title "Memories of a Special Festival in Beijing" THe unit that was on VLN seems to have been removed. Many thanks, Lee
    • Public

Google Doc

Started by Chris Ellis 17 Mar 2016 8:07pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Chris Ellis
    Can anyone help me. I deleted my Google Doc sign in to put in a new one. When I wanted to go back to my original account I couldn't access it so I went through the registration process again. Now when I go in I get this new site and I...
    • Public

Recurring appointments

Started by Isobel Egerton 17 Feb 2016 2:46pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Isobel Egerton
    Is it possible to make recurring appointments or to copy most of the contents of an event and change a couple of details (date and venue); instead of typing it again.
    • Public

Group set up problem

Started by M T McKenzie-Heard 07 May 2015 7:05am () Replies (1) Last reply by M T McKenzie-Heard
    Kia Ora,   When I set up the groups the pages appeared on the left hand side in line with the top of the page.  For some reason, they have slipped down to the left bottom.  Does anyone know why this is?  
  • Literacy in the context of Social Studies

Started by Denise Hitchcock 01 May 2015 4:48pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Denise Hitchcock
    Hi I have set up this closed group and sent invitations to recent workshop participants.  Some invitees cannot locate the email inviting them to the group and have asked me to re-send.  When I try to do this, the error message says...
    • Public

Tables and images

Started by Breda Matthews 27 Jan 2015 11:22am () Replies (1) Last reply by Breda Matthews
    Hi,   Can anyone suggest how I can insert a tableless border and ensure that images do not have an outline? I have tried the tableless border option in the toolbar but what i then get is a pale purple table. Cheers Breda
    • Public

Trouble activiating an account

Started by Simon 02 Dec 2014 2:18pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Simon
    I have tried to help a colleague join the EL Assessment group. She received the invitation e-mail and registered but has not received any confirmation e-mail  from the VLN need to log on to the site. Please advise. Thanks Simon
    • Public

gatekeeper

Started by Tony Aikenhead 12 Sep 2014 2:10pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Tony Aikenhead
    I cant log on/place a call.  Message is "gatekeeper will not give access"  How do I fix it?
    • Public

How can I edit a google doc that has been embedded in to a page space?

Started by Moana Timoko 14 Jul 2014 5:22pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Moana Timoko
    I've embedded a doc...wondering if we can edit it directly on the page space???  Or do I have to provide an actual link to the space.
    • Public

Web Filtering

Started by Hamish McLean 07 May 2014 8:48am () Replies (1) Last reply by Hamish McLean
    Thought I'd start a discussion about filters and google safe search. Firstly background for our school: - Watchguard filter - Google safe search active     However, often google images will still come up with inappropriate...
    • Public

trouble joining groups

Started by Tash Jacobs 11 Nov 2013 3:19pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Tash Jacobs
    One of my colleagues doesn't have our school BeL group on her list of groups how can I join her to our group.
    • Public

Deleting group members from private groups

Started by Moana Timoko 02 Aug 2013 11:11am () Replies (1) Last reply by Moana Timoko
    Hi there - sounds a little harsh wanting to delete members but... I need to know how to delete members from private school groups - the members are no longer staff of a school that I'm working with.  Thank you
    • Public

Searching the VLN

Started by Tessa Gray 24 Apr 2012 2:07pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Tessa Gray
    Hi there, is there any advice you can give to help make 'searching the VLN' easier?  Tess 
    • Public

Inserting tables

Started by Nick Rate 08 Sep 2011 2:23pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Nick Rate
    Inserting a table into a page or resource etc seems to ignore the HTML table border code, whether inserting a table using the toolbar or pasting in the code from another HTML editor. I just want to break up the text in a table but it does not seem...
    • Public

Changes to the VLN

Started by Glen 19 Nov 2010 2:28pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Glen
    Based on user feedback we have just implemented some changes to the top navigation links in the VLN: People found it confusing that there was a VLN Home link and a DashBoard - and since the Dashboard actually was your home on the VLN, and...
    • Public

Sharing calendars

Started by Colin McDonald 13 Jun 2011 9:56am () Replies (1) Last reply by Colin McDonald
    Is it possible to create sub-groups within the shared calendar to differentiate friends groups as you would in outlook? This would save me trolling through all the users to find a particular sub-group that i want to communicate with; eg...
    • Public

Help for a TMP participant

Started by Tamara Bell  08 Jun 2011 11:52am () Replies (1) Last reply by Tamara Bell 
    Hi guys, /pg/profile/tash
    • Public

Setting up notifications: Blogs

Started by Karen Spencer 30 Nov 2010 9:11am () Replies (1) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    Hi there, When a blog post is published to a group I follow, I get a notification - which is all good. But when a comment is added to the blog post, I am not notified. Am I missing something? Or am I being unreasonable??!!;-)
Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.