Search

Discussion topics

• Public

Help

Started by Hazel Owen 23 Nov 2010 11:29am () Replies (16) Last reply by Glen
    The help button brings you here, so seems to be a good place to ask and answer questions about functionality etc
  • Feedback

Started by Glen 11 Jul 2013 12:18pm () Replies (12) Last reply by admin
    If you have any feedback about the VLN Groups, bug reports, suggested enhancements, etc. please post them as a reply to this message.  If you are experiencing technical difficulties with logging in, etc. please email help@vln.school.nz
    • Public

Embedding video or uploading media into group/sub-group pages

Started by Jeanette Hinerangi Eruera Murphy 16 Mar 2011 1:34pm () Replies (12) Last reply by Chrissie Butler
    Hi there... I have just tried to upload a You Tube clip into a subgroup page using the HTML widget. It appears that it is there after I save it and then when I close the window and go back to view it in the group/subgroup main page...it...
    • Public

Prioritising groups

Started by Tessa Gray 01 Apr 2011 1:33pm () Replies (11) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    Hi there, is there a way for me to priortise my favourite groups (ones I visit most often), so I can get to them quickly on my home dashboard? Even quicker than bookmarking them? I belong to many groups, but contribute to some more than...
    • Public

Deleting a user

Started by Lyn Ross 16 Feb 2011 12:40pm () Replies (9) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    I need to delete a user that I made when I was playing around.  Its the person 'Te Apiti'.  I have new made a group 'Te Apiti' which is really want I wanted. Hope you can help Cheers
    • Public

Spam activity

Started by Suzie Vesper 27 Nov 2011 7:36pm () Replies (9) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hiya, Just to let you know that I had a spam comment on a VLN blog post. Probably should have left it for you but I deleted it. Here was the text however: A popular subject of decoys, the canada goose parka lives throughout North...
    • Public

Can't add content to a group

Started by Melinda Bolton 15 May 2012 5:36pm () Replies (9) Last reply by Melinda Bolton
    I've been accepted as a member to a closed group, but can't seem to add new content.  Some other members can add content, some can't.   Does anyone know how to solve this problem or have any ideas?
    • Public

Missing video

Started by Lyn Ross 24 May 2011 8:15am () Replies (8) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    I have embedded several videos onto resources.  In 2 instances the top video is not showing.  I can see the word 'Block' at the top and then just a big space/gap till the video below it.  How can I fix this?  Thanks.
    • Public

Including e-Learners (students) in the VLN

Started by Jeanette Hinerangi Eruera Murphy 04 Apr 2011 9:12pm () Replies (8) Last reply by Glen
    I have set up a sub space for the e-Learners Team at Putauaki (under Putauaki Primary) and would like students to contribute to discussion, blogs, upload/embed info of relevance etc. Three e-Learners signed on via google today, however have...
    • Public

Video

Started by Chrissie Butler 18 Aug 2011 1:07pm () Replies (8) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi, just trying to embed and YouTube video and its not showing. It shows as a black box when I am in edit, but then there's nothing there when I hit publish. Brainy ideas?
    • Public

friends vs group membership

Started by Chris Jager 23 Mar 2011 4:03pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Jo Wilson
    Not sure what the fundamental difference is between becoming someone's friend and joining a group. If anyone were able to make a distinction I would find that very helpful.
    • Public

Embedding a YouTube

Started by Allanah King 01 Feb 2012 9:22pm () Replies (7) Last reply by Allanah King
    Tried to embed a YouTiube video When editing it I see the video- when I publish- big cap of nothing Did the same below here
    • Public

Twitter Widget

Started by Te Mihinga Komene 05 Mar 2014 11:30am () Replies (7) Last reply by Stephen McConnachie
    Kia ora, how do I 'edit' the Twitter widget as prompted? I would like to feed my tweets on to my profile pls
    • Public

Wire posts

Started by Tamara Bell  17 May 2011 1:33pm () Replies (7) Last reply by Dee Reid
    Hi guys, Working on our Te Manawa Pou group page and have a couple of questions: -    the wire – can we add the wire widget on our profile pages and set settings to see other members’ wire posts rather than just our own wire...
    • Public

pages

Started by Karen Porritt 24 May 2011 3:05pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Does anyone out there know  a way of changing the order of sub pages within a page? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    • Public

Public profile problem

Started by Megan Melvin 09 Nov 2011 2:52pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    Hi, I can't seem to make my new Group Special Education Online profile public. The blog and poll widgets won't display in public view. I have used the following settings: Group membership permissions Closed - Users must be invitedOpen - Any user...
    • Public

Having trouble pasting content

Started by Tessa Gray 08 Jun 2011 10:12am () Replies (6) Last reply by Tessa Gray
    Hi there, I've been having some trouble in the last couple of days when pasting content into pages/resources/comments. The script prompt appears twice and the second time it tells me it's "CLEANED" something???? Perhaps I'm having trouble with my...
    • Public

creating accounts

Started by Chris Jager 31 May 2011 12:24pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Chris Jager
    Hi everyone Am looking for some clarity around creating accounts. When I first created my VLN account I did so via the register link on the VLN home page using my work email address. I knew I had built a profile so subsequently I chose...
    • Public

How do I delete a group page?

Started by ian suckling 13 Dec 2012 9:25am () Replies (6) Last reply by admin
    I wish to manage the group area but can't find how to delete a page that is no longer needed.
    • Public

Losing part of the message when posting items

Started by Tessa Gray 19 Aug 2011 2:07pm () Replies (6) Last reply by Hayden Shaw
    Hi there, I've been having some trouble lately - when I post things (discussions, comments, blog) often parts of the message is left off or disappears and I have to edit and re-add straight after posting. It used to just be at the end of a message,...
Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.