Search

Discussion topics

• Public

Email student use-agreement

Started by Amy McCauley 13 Feb 2013 11:20am () Replies (2) Last reply by Amy McCauley
    Just wondering if anyone has an example of an email use agreement that they give their students? We have sent out a cybersafety and BYOD agreement, but are looking for something to cover email use, etc. Thanks for your help :) 
    • Public

Email student use-agreement

Started by Amy McCauley 13 Feb 2013 11:19am () Replies (1) Last reply by Amy McCauley
    Just wondering if anyone has an example of an email use agreement that they give their students? We have sent out a cybersafety and BYOD agreement, but are looking for something to cover email use, etc. Thanks for your help :) 
    • Public

Are schools being funded for 21st Education, or are they still being funded for chalk?

Started by Gerard Macmanus 19 Jan 2013 7:47am () Replies (1) Last reply by Gerard Macmanus
    Schools want funds for digital gear http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/8197541/Schools-want-funds-for-digital-gear The prospect of every pupil having a touch screen tablet or laptop in the classroom has raised concerns it could create a...
    • Public

Office Software and BYOD

Started by Gerard Macmanus 08 Nov 2012 10:32pm () Replies (3) Last reply by Amanda-Ellesbeth Neemia
    I had a good discussion with a company todat on offering BYOD to students. One question came out of it, should we ask for Microsoft Office to be on the device? We are a google apps school, but it has me thinking... what are others thoughts on the...
    • Public

ebooks programmes in schools

Started by Gerard Macmanus 10 Nov 2012 8:49pm () Replies (4) Last reply by Catriona Pene
    Here is some information on how you can get ebooks within your school library http://www.wheelers.co.nz/resource/site/school-nz-au-brochure.pdf Anyone else have any information on other products?
    • Public

Schools of the Future

Started by Gerard Macmanus 29 Oct 2012 10:58am () Replies (1) Last reply by Gerard Macmanus
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/schools/7871210/Schools-of-the-future Schools of the future John McCrone Is there a cunning plan? People are saying they wish there was. But it simply seems the Christchurch schools "renewal" programme has...
    • Public

Application form for equity devices

Started by Claire Amos 16 Oct 2012 10:56am () Replies (1) Last reply by Claire Amos
    Hi there, We are looking at offering a small number of school owned netbooks available on daily loan for those who have financial difficulties which families may apply for. Does anyone have an application form for equity devices that we might be...
    • Public

Research into BYOD

Started by Nathan 22 Sep 2012 11:07pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Nathan
    Hi all, I am a postgraduate BCA-Honours student in Information Systems at Victoria University of Wellington. I am undertaking a research project that investigates the factors that affect secondary school students use of BYOD for learning. I have...
    • Public

BYOD - how are students and teachers using it in your classrooms?

Started by Simon Condon 17 Sep 2012 12:23pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Simon Condon
    Hi all Northcote College will be beginning its role out of wireless next term, moving to have the whole campus covered by early next year. We have set no required specs for devices, and we are not anticipating 1 to 1 device coverage any time soon....
    • Public

BYOD Schools to Visit

Started by Koren Hopoi 16 Aug 2012 10:45am () Replies (9) Last reply by Tessa Gray
    Hi, Onewhero Area School are now about to go Wireless.  We are introducing BYOD next year, possibly with a Year 5/6 class, and a Year 3/4 class.  Our seniors will have the ability to bring BYOD if they wish.  We have an DT Working...
    • Public

BYOD User Agreement

Started by Paula Jamieson 14 Nov 2011 1:26pm () Replies (17) Last reply by Gerard Macmanus
    I am looking for research and examples of student user agreements to support the implementation of BYOD in NZ Primary Schools (have a few Australian ones and a couple of High School ones). Have you addressed BYOD user agreements in your...
    • Public

School makes electronic kit compulsory

Started by Gerard Macmanus 18 Jul 2012 4:30pm () Replies (4) Last reply by Karen Spencer
    School makes electronic kit compulsory http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/7302220/School-makes-electronic-kit-compulsory Year 9 students at a Nelson college will be required to bring their own electronic devices to school from next year, in...
    • Public

Are we changing our schools?

Started by Gerard Macmanus 31 Jul 2012 6:33pm () Replies (5) Last reply by Tessa Gray
    I sit here after ready the latest education tech mag and wonder, with all these changes with BYOD are schools really changing. The photo from the magazine shows students using new technology and interacting with it, but have a look...
  • Digital devices pupils' new pencil cases

Started by Gerard Macmanus 26 Jul 2012 10:31pm () Replies (2) Last reply by Gerard Macmanus
    Digital devices pupils' new pencil cases 'We need to tap into their worlds' KIMBERLEY CRAYTON-BROWN Starting next year Central Southland College students will be able to "BYO" - devices, that is. Deputy principal Kathryn Summers said the school...
    • Public

Nexus7 v iPad - bang for buck

Started by Greg Carroll 26 Jul 2012 10:48am () Replies (1) Last reply by Greg Carroll
    I was reading an interesting post form Darren Coxen in the UK this morning .... After a year of iPads they are ditching them in favour of the Nexus7.  Simply better bang for buck as an educational tool.  The return on Investment as an...
    • Public

BYOD Survey and results

Started by Gerard Macmanus 23 Jun 2012 1:27pm () Replies (1) Last reply by Gerard Macmanus
    Through our development of BYOD at school we needed to know what the state of play was. This was developed in consultation with the VLN, students in my year 12 Digital Technologies class as well as out ICT Committee. Quick Survey We are trying to...
    • Public

BYOD: Why it's all about the learning

Started by Enabling e-Learning 18 Jun 2012 9:53am () Replies (2) Last reply by Enabling e-Learning
    Here's a great thread that has been running this week in the ICTs in English forum, started by Hamish Chalmers. >>> It's for the learning He asked, in his opening post,: "....Ideally, we should be able to communicate with students about...
    • Public

Links and readings

Started by Derek Wenmoth 17 Nov 2011 11:20am () Replies (6) Last reply by Derek Wenmoth
    thought it might be a good idea to share some of the links and readings we come across regarding BYOD - to get the list started, here's a link to an interesting e-book you can gain access to from the techLearning...
    • Public

Why BYOD? What do you want to achive

Started by Robert Douglas 25 Oct 2011 8:00am () Replies (3) Last reply by Derek Wenmoth
    http://education2x.otago.ac.nz/cinzs/mod/resource/view.php?id=187 The above link to Computers in NZ Schools is to an article I had published in Vol 23 No 2. My concern is that schools are rushing headlong into BYOD without considering what it is...
    • Public

What are you doing in your school?

Started by Derek Wenmoth 21 Oct 2011 1:23pm () Replies (12) Last reply by Kevin Prince
    What is your school's position on BYOD? Are you planning to move this way? If so, why? If not, why not? Can you provide any links to what you're doing to help others understand?